People sign up to receive your email newsletters if they feel you have information that is useful to them and they want to receive your emails and stay in contact with you. The initial sign up indicates that they have made this first expression of interest. There are a few things that will help you to build the relationship with this person
- Send them an email thanking them for joining your mailing list. You can give them a link in the email to download a report or tips or an article that new subscribers receive as their thank you.
- Send out an email 1 week after their initial signup with some additional information of value – and additional emails on a specific schedule. Remember that people will be signing up at any time.
This sounds like a lot of work – but there are some excellent tools to help you do this easily and efficiently and have your list responses happen automatically.
I have found Constant Contact to be an excellent system for managing the list building process:
- You can create your WELCOME message – and include in it a link to a special document that you give to new subscribers. Upload your document to your web server – and know the link URL. Then setup your message and test it. The welcome message will be sent out directly from your email address via Constant Contact as soon as a person signs up.
- You can create multiple auto responders in Constant Contact (this is a new feature). For example you can setup an email that will be sent out to the person 1 week after they sign up. This email will have some useful information, thank them for being on the list and some links back to your website or your special services.
- You can setup up to 15 auto responders.
- There are reports in your admin area that show you who signed up on the list and how many of them have received auto responder 1, 2 etc. You will also be able to see who clicked on links and this gives you additional indication of level of interest.
The beauty of this system is that after the initial time required to craft the content of your welcome email and auto responders – the process takes place automatically and works to build the relationship and interest of people on your list even while you are asleep or getting on with your business.
Constant Contact has a free trial period of 60 days for you to see and use all the features. Try it out now.
Contact me with any questions as we are an affiliate and have used Constant Contact for many years.
Trusted Email Marketing