LinkedIN is a professional online social network. The core of it is your own professional page. However if you are a manager of a nonprofit, you may be wondering how this can be useful to you and to your nonprofit. The following are some of the benefits that LinkedIN will give you and your nonprofit or NGO.
Once you have your own profile setup you can advance to these activities:
- GROUPS – click on the groups link, and then do a SEARCH for your area of interest. Once you identify an interesting group take a look at the overview, number of members, discussion forums and Q&A. If the group looks interesting click on the JOIN THIS GROUP link. You will have to be then reviewed by the group administrator and you will receive an email that you are accepted and have access to the group activities.
- On your main page you will start seeing a summary of group activites
- Participate in the discussion forums
- Answer questions that are in your area of expertise. Note that people often look at your profile so be sure to have it with a good amount of information about you and your organization.
- Post questions – this is an excellent way to get feedback and suggestions from members of the group.
- Send a request to individual members of the group to establish a LinkedIN contact with them.
- After you have used groups for a while – you may even decide to start a group of your own.
- Jobs – postings and finding job applicants
- Event listings and RSVPs (through the APPS)
Anyone in a nonprofit that is an ED, DOD, Board member, Department Head, Programs head should seriously consider LinkeIN to build the network and Internet profile of your organization.
See a previous posting about starting out on LinkedIN
Send a request to put me on your LinkedIN contact list
I intended to put you a very little observation in order to say thanks a lot once again considering the striking methods you’ve discussed in this article. This is certainly unbelievably open-handed of you to allow freely all many people could possibly have offered for sale as an electronic book to help make some profit for their own end, certainly considering that you could have tried it in case you decided. Those thoughts also acted as a easy way to know that many people have the same interest really like mine to figure out great deal more on the subject of this condition. I am certain there are lots of more pleasant moments in the future for people who look into your site.