Now you have started your blog and are excited about the topics you are going to discuss. You want to increase the number of visitors and responses to your blog.
Here are a few tips that will help to increase your readership:
- Content and postings – make regular postings – at least once per week.
- Review your stats – the blog software includes a basic statistics on visitors to your blog. However there is not a great level of detail. I would recommend also adding some other statistics counter. I use www.statcounter.com — you can get more details on where the visitors come from, what their path is, if they are first time or repeat visitors. Your stats over time will show you which topics generated the most interest and continue to bring you visitors. Experiment with different titles and topics until you see a pattern of interest.
- Add “tags” and “categories” to your postings. The tags are the most effective indexing words – and you should use tags that are words in your postings – as well as additional tags that you think people will be posting on.
- Add a link to your blog in your email signature, your facebook page, your linked in profile, your website, your twitter profile, your email newsletter, your online articles, and any other online profiles that you may have.
- Spend some time seeing how you can post in one place and have it appear via RSS feeds and widgets on the different locations. This way you will end up doing less work – always a good thing 🙂
- Read and comment on OTHER blogs and social networks. – and be sure that you are showing your blog in your signature. Your participation brings people from their blog over to your blog for more information
These are just some of the ways that you can increase your blog readership. Send me your favorite methods for increasing your blog traffic and we will all grow. Fill in the comment form to reply.