A couple of people have asked about if it is possible to add a TABLE to a WordPress Blog and how to do it.
It is quite simple:
- Write your content in a MS Word document and make the table that you want there as usual (Insert – Table)
- Then start your Blog posting and write any introductory text
- Do a COPY of your table in Word (Ctrl+C) – and then go to your blog. On the edit icons click on the “Paste from Word” and paste your table in your blog.
- If you look at the HTML tab you will see that all the coding is done to create a table in your blog. Click on the PREVIEW button to preview your posting.
- NOTE – if you do not see the 2nd row of icons in your post editor, click on the last icon “Show / hide the kitchen sink” – this gives you the additional row of editing icons.
Example (this is from an upcoming blog comparing the 2 versions of WordPress. This shows what a three column table looks like –>
|Cost||WordPress is free but you pay for hosting from some 3rd party hosting company||Free. Hosted by wordpress.com no charge for hosting or setting up and running blog|
|Ease of use||Having some experience with wordpress.com is helpful. Many of the widgets and plugins have to be installed to get the same functionality as on wordpress.com||Comes with the most commonly used widgets and themes. Easy to learn to use and administer.|
Denise Davies is an Internet and media consultant. She works with nonprofit organizations and small businesses to maximize their effective use of the Internet to build their organization and achieve their objectives. If you have questions or would like to learn more contact through the contact form
Good stuff, found your site in google using the word ‘do follow blog comment site list’ by the way 🙂
coach company london I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group. Talk soon!
Hello fellow blogger! I’m new to blogs but I just wanted to say that I like your blog here on fundraising using twitter. It kept me reading all the way to the end… And then I went and searched for some more posts after that. 🙂 Keep up the good work, I’m always looking to learn more about Easy Fund Raising Ideas, in particular.
thnxs 🙂 its really nice…. 🙂 thnxs again
Howdy this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using? I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
Hi – I am using WordPress on Bluehost. I am using the Twenty Ten theme but if you are starting you might try the Twenty Twelve theme.
All the best