A couple of people have asked about if it is possible to add a TABLE to a WordPress Blog and how to do it.
It is quite simple:
- Write your content in a MS Word document and make the table that you want there as usual (Insert – Table)
- Then start your Blog posting and write any introductory text
- Do a COPY of your table in Word (Ctrl+C) – and then go to your blog. On the edit icons click on the “Paste from Word” and paste your table in your blog.
- If you look at the HTML tab you will see that all the coding is done to create a table in your blog. Click on the PREVIEW button to preview your posting.
- NOTE – if you do not see the 2nd row of icons in your post editor, click on the last icon “Show / hide the kitchen sink” – this gives you the additional row of editing icons.
Example (this is from an upcoming blog comparing the 2 versions of WordPress. This shows what a three column table looks like –>
|Cost||WordPress is free but you pay for hosting from some 3rd party hosting company||Free. Hosted by wordpress.com no charge for hosting or setting up and running blog|
|Ease of use||Having some experience with wordpress.com is helpful. Many of the widgets and plugins have to be installed to get the same functionality as on wordpress.com||Comes with the most commonly used widgets and themes. Easy to learn to use and administer.|
Denise Davies is an Internet and media consultant. She works with nonprofit organizations and small businesses to maximize their effective use of the Internet to build their organization and achieve their objectives. If you have questions or would like to learn more contact through the contact form