So you have launched your Facebook Page. You want to get the word out about your products, services or your organization. BUT nothing happened! You have a few LIKES but want and need to get more.
Here are a few tips of FREE things you can do to get the word out. These tips use organic social media tools that will get you moving:
- Invite Friends – you will find the link to do this on the left column of your page. You will see a list of your Facebook friends and select the ones that you want to invite.
- Email Invitations – use your email program to send your contacts information about your new Facebook page and a LINK to the page. Encourage them to take a look and to LIKE and SHARE it.
- Put social media icons on your website or blog that link to your Facebook Page.
- Integrate your Facebook Page with your website so that it displays the active posts from your page directly on your website.
- Make a TWEET on Twitter and include the link to your Facebook Page and encourage people to LIKE and SHARE. Do this on a regular basis as you add Posts on your Page.
- SHARE your Facebook Page on Groups that you are a member of. Remember to follow the rules of the group and only post if it is appropriate.
- Contact partners and well-wishers and ask them to LIKE and SHARE.
- Like and SHARE posts from others – as your Facebook PAGE when these are appropriate to your target audience.
Before inviting people to LIKE and SHARE your Facebook Page be sure to do these important steps:
- Take a look at your Facebook Page design – does it have an appealing header (cover image) and profile image?
- Check the ABOUT section and fill in all the information
- Make at least 3-5 Posts using text, links, images and video (if you have it) Show the value of the Page to your visitor so they will decide to LIKE the page.
I hope these tips help you get started on building your Page LIKES. I will be writing a more detailed description of exactly how to do each of the items above. So click on this following link to be sure to see the more detailed article.
Best of success to you
Your Internet Strategies