Online conferencing has come a long way over the past few years. I have been reviewing Online Conferencing software from GVO Conference and its set of tools really expands the variety of ways that you can use it to maximize the value to you and your business or organization.
As with any new technology review the tool and get familiar with how to use it – then examine your target audience and your communications strategy to see where this fits and how you can adapt and integrate it into your marketing and communications.
5 Ways to Use Online Conferencing
- Online Seminars: Decide on a topic that you want to present. GVO includes the ability to upload a powerpoint presentation and also to share videos inside the conference room. You can choose to mute the visitors to the seminar and then open the chat for questions and answers.
- Staff and Board Meetings: Your staff may be out on a project, your board members may be located anywhere in the world, your volunteers need to meet without the inconvenience of travel – online conferencing software saves you time and money and you are able to setup up your meetings and keep everyone connected and participating no matter where they are located.
- Tutorials: Record your online seminar – or record a tutorial with no attendees on topics that are useful to your staff, volunteers, board members, clients and customers. These may be topics that you have as frequently asked questions. What are the questions you get often? Tutorials don’t have to be long. A short tutorial on a specific topic is a great way to add value to your different audiences.
- Interviews: You can use the conference software to interview people. GVO allows you to have more than one moderator at a session. This is a great way to collaborate and build interest and value for your audience
- Information products: The ability to record your sessions gives you a start on creating information products such as detailed seminars on DVD, CD or for download that you would charge for.
Features of GVO Conferencing
You can do any of these and more:
- You can be visible in video to your audience
- You can present in audio while showing powerpoint, video, chat or sharing a desktop
- Upload and show a powerpoint – and easy controls for presenting your powerpoint
- Upload videos or show videos directly from YouTube
- Have ongoing chat with members
- Invite people to a seminar or meeting – with no setup required on their side
- Easy audio and video controls
- Able to record your session for later play back and editing
- Manage attendees
- MANY more features
Benefits of GVO Conferencing
Just a few of the benefits:
- Save travel time for you and your attendees
- Reach a global or local audience
- Develop content
- Save on communications costs
- Develop training tools
I plan to use this myself for online seminars and meetings. Very impressed with the online tutorials that are provided and the information sessions that are available.
This online system costs a FRACTION of other online conferencing software that I have tried before and has many many more benefits and plus features. They also have a free trial period and you can attend any of the info sessions. There is no locked in timing on a subscription. There is a bit of a learning curve on it as is to be expected but all the tools are there and after you learn to navigate it only your imagination and planning will be required to use it to benefit your business or organization.
This link goes to a short video and overview to give you more details and screen shots of the GVO Conference system. Try the free trial version.
Denise Davies is an Internet and media consultant. She works with nonprofit organizations and small businesses to maximize their effective use of the Internet to build their organization and achieve their objectives. If you have questions or would like to learn more contact through the contact form