I get this question a lot – “Should my organization be on Facebook?” or “How do I get my organization on Facebook”.
Facebook has really developed into a business and networking tool. Originally it was people talking to their friends and families, posting their pictures and leaving comments on their thoughts and activities.
Now however it has a demographic change where people of all ages are using it and businesses and organizations are learning how to use this venue as a way to connect with people of similar interests, provide information, network, put on events and build relationships.
The success and huge interest for example during
Here are some statistics from FaceBook. It now has (as of Jan 23, 2009)
- More than 150 million active users
- More than half of Facebook users are outside of college
- The fastest growing demographic is those 30 years old and older
- The average user has 100 friends on the site
- More than 3 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day (worldwide)
- More than 13 million users update their statuses at least once each day
- More than 3 million users become fans of Pages each day
For more information on using Facebook and other Internet tips join the Aleph Consulting Facebook Group by clicking on this link.
I will be announcing a teleseminar to the group that goes into more detail on how to use Facebook for your organization. See you on Facebook 🙂